Visual Anatomy & Physiology 3rd Edition
Visual Anatomy & Physiology Third Edition:
For courses in Two-Semester A&P.
Using Art Effectively with the Most Visual Approach to A&P
Visual Anatomy & Physiology combines a one-of-a-kind visual approach with a modular organization that uniquely meets the needs of today’s students―without sacrificing the comprehensive coverage of A&P topics required for careers in nursing and other allied health professions.
The 3rd Edition presents key new features based on recent research about how information is used and digested. New modules in the first chapter emphasize how to use art effectively when studying; new Integrated Figure Questions increases the likelihood you will spend time viewing the art and prompts you to consider what you have just learned; and new SmartArt Videos, accessible via QR code in the book,help in navigating key, complex pieces of art on some of the toughest topics.
New Interactive Physiology 2.0 tutorials, SmartArt Video Activities, and a mobile-friendly eText expand the options for students to use Mastering ™ A&P as an effective practice and learning tool.
∗ eText ISBN: 0134454650, 978-0134454658, 9780134454658
- See additional information on the Amazon.
1. An Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
2. Chemical Level of Organization
3. Cellular Level of Organization
4. Tissue Level of Organization
5. The Integumentary System
6. Bones and Bone Structure
7. The Skeleton
9. Skeletal Muscle Tissue
10. The Muscular System
11. Nervous Tissue
12. The Spinal Cord, Spinal Nerves, and Spinal Reflexes
13. The Brain, Cranial Nerves, and Sensory and Motor Pathways
14. The Autonomic Nervous System
15. Special Senses
16. The Endocrine System
18. The Heart and Cardiovascular Function
19. Blood Vessels and Circulation
20. The Lymphatic System and Immunity
21. The Respiratory System
22. The Digestive System
23. Metabolism and Energetics
24. The Urinary System
25. Fluid, Electrolytes, and Acid-Base Balance
26. The Reproductive System
27. Development and Inheritance