BRS Physiology 7th Edition
BRS Physiology (Board Review Series) 7th Edition:
Students will appreciate the book’s comprehensive, yet efficient assistance in preparing for course exams as well as the USMLE Step 1.
Instructors will welcome the masterful educational approach of Linda S. Costanzo, PhD, who excels in communicating complex physiology concepts in an accessible manner. A comprehensive image bank on thePoint makes preparing lecture slides a snap.
- A concise outline format and bolded key terms enable efficient review and exam preparation.
- Discussions of clinical disorders , integrated throughout the text, correlate physiology concepts to the practice of medicine.
- Chapter overviews and summaries offer a quick introduction and review of key topics and information, to maximize study time.
- More than 350 multiple-choice questions and answers , many of them new and revised, help students prepare for course and board exams. These include many new multi-part questions that challenge students’ decision-making skills.
- Detailed answers and explanations for every question, cross-referenced back to the text, allow students to remediate weak areas of knowledge.
- New appendices allow for an efficient review of Key Physiology Topics for USMLE Step I, Key Physiology Equations for USMLE Step I, and Normal Blood Values.
- 130 outstanding full-color figures and flow diagrams and 50 tables, many of them new, allow for efficient assimilation of complex information, and are included in the instructor Image Bank on ThePoint.
- Significant updates throughout present the latest physiology knowledge, including expanded coverage of cellular, respiratory, renal, gastrointestinal, and endocrine physiology.
∗ eText ISBN: 1496367707, 978-1496367709, 9781496367709
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Cell Physiology
Chapter 2 Neurophysiology
Chapter 3 Cardiovascular Physiology
Chapter 4 Respiratory Physiology
Chapter 5 Renal and Acid-Base Physiology
Chapter 6 Gastrointestinal Physiology
Chapter 7 Endocrine Physiology
Appendix A Key Physiology Topics for USMLE StepI
Appendix B Key Physiology Equations for USMLE StepI
Appendix C Normal Blood Values