Cognitive Behavior Therapy: Basics and Beyond 3rd Edition
Cognitive Behavior Therapy: Basics and Beyond Third Edition:
New to This Edition
*Chapter on the therapeutic relationship.
*Chapter on integrating mindfulness into treatment.
*Presents recovery-oriented cognitive therapy (CT-R)–which emphasizes clients’ aspirations, values, and positive adaptation–alongside traditional CBT.
*Pedagogical features: clinical tips, reflection questions, practice exercises, and videos at the companion website.
*New case examples featuring clients with more complex problems.
*Demonstrates how to integrate strategies from other modalities, such as acceptance and commitment therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, and mindfulness-based cognitive therapy.
∗ eText ISBN: 1462544231, 978-1462544233, 9781462544233
- See additional information on the Amazon.
Cognitive Behavior Therapy: Basics and Beyond Third Edition :
Also by Judith S. Beck
About the Author
1. Introduction to Cognitive Behavior Therapy
2. Overview of Treatment
3. Cognitive Conceptualization
4. The Therapeutic Relationship
5. The Evaluation Session
6. The First Therapy Session
7. Activity Scheduling
8. Action Plans
9. Treatment Planning
10. Structuring Sessions
11. Problems in Structuring Sessions
12. Identifying Automatic Thoughts
14. Evaluating Automatic Thoughts
15. Responding to Automatic Thoughts
16. Integrating Mindfulness into CBT
17. Introduction to Beliefs
18. Modifying Beliefs
19. Additional Techniques
21. Termination and Relapse Prevention
22. Problems in Therapy
Appendix A. CBT Resources
Appendix B. Beck Institute Case Write-Up: Summary and Conceptualization
Appendix C. Steps in the AWARE Technique
Appendix D. Restructuring the Meaning of Early Memories through Experiential Techniques