On Call Principles and Protocols 6th Edition
On Call Principles and Protocols sixth Edition:
Ideal for any on-call professional, resident, or medical student, this best-selling reference covers the common problems you’ll encounter while on call in the hospital. On Call Principles and Protocols, 6th Edition, by Drs. Shane A. Marshall and John Ruedy, fits perfectly in your pocket, ready to provide key information in time-sensitive, challenging situations. You’ll gain speed, skill, and knowledge with every call – from diagnosing a difficult or life-threatening situation to prescribing the right medication.
- Highlights medications, doses, and critical information in a second color for fast reference.
- Features a logical, highly templated format so you can locate critical information quickly.
- Covers essential topics such as Approach to Diagnosis and Management of On-Call Problems; Documentation; Assessment and Management of Volume Status; and HIV, HBV, HCV, Influenza, and the House Officer.
- Delivers consistent, easy-to-follow coverage of the most common on-call problems and approaches, including what to do from the initial phone call, “Elevator Thoughts,” how to immediately identify major threats to life, what to do at the bedside, and how to avoid common mistakes for every call.
- Provides updated content and references, as well as a revised drug formulary, keeping you on the cutting edge of current, evidence-based information.
- NEW! Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, videos, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
∗ eText ISBN: 0323482090, 978-0323482097, 9780323482097
Table of Contents
1 Approach to the Diagnosis and Management of On-Call Problems
2 Documentation of On-Call Problems
3 Assessment and Management of Volume Status
4 HIV, HBV, HCV, Meningococcus, Influenza, Ebola virus, and the House Officer
5 Abdominal Pain
6 Chest Pain
7 Combativeness: The Out-of-Control Patient
8 Confusion/Decreased Level of Consciousness
9 Decreased Urine Output
11 Fall Out of Bed
13 Gastrointestinal Bleeding
15 Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
16 High Blood Pressure
17 Hypnotics, Laxatives, Analgesics, and Antipyretics
18 Hypotension and Shock
19 Leg Pain
20 Lines, Tubes, and Drains
21 Polyuria, Frequency, and Incontinence
22 Pronouncing Death
24 Shortness of Breath
25 Skin Rashes and Urticaria
28 Transfusion Reactions
29 Acid-Base Disorders
31 Calcium Disorders
32 Coagulation Disorders
33 Glucose Disorders
34 Potassium Disorders
35 Sodium Disorders
There are no reviews yet.