Green Materials and Environmental Chemistry: New Production Technologies, Unique Properties, and Applications
Green Materials and Environmental Chemistry: New Production Technologies, Unique Properties, and Applications 1st Edition:
The world faces significant challenges as the population and consumption continue to grow while nonrenewable fossil fuels and other raw materials are depleted at ever-increasing rates. Moreover, environmental consciousness and a penchant for thinking in terms of material cycles have caught on with consumers: the use of environmentally compatible materials and production methods is desired.
This volume, Green Materials and Environmental Chemistry: New Production Technologies, Unique Properties, and Applications takes a technical approach to address these issues using green design and analysis. This book provides an overview of the latest developments in environmental chemistry and sustainable materials written by experts in their respective research areas.
This interdisciplinary volume offers research with the aim to minimize environmental impacts across all lifecycle phases in the design and engineering of products, processes, and systems as just one possible approach to addressing the larger issue of sustainability that includes environmental, economic, and social aspects.
∗ Print ISBN: 1774634945, 978-1774634943, 9781774634943
∗ eText ISBN: 1000650642, 978-1000650648, 9781000650648
Table of Contents
About the Editors
Table of Contents
1. Mixed Matrix Membranes for CO2/CH4 Separation with Natural Clay Cloisite15A® Modified with 3-Aminopropyltryethoxysilane as a Coupling Agent
2. Photocatalytic Activity of ZnO-PEG Nanoparticles for Palm Oil Mill Secondary Effluent (POMSE) Treatment
3. CO2, D2O, and Global Warming: How to Stop the Planet from Burning
4. World of Conductive Two-Dimensional Metal-Organic Frameworks
5. Periodic Table of Elements: Heavy, Rare, Critical, and Superelements
6. Periodic Table, Chemical Bond Nature, and Nonclassical Compounds
7. Artemisia integrifolia, A. capillaris Components, and Sesquiterpene Lactones
8. Nanomechanics, Recent Advancements in Nanotechnology, and the Visionary Future
9. Biocontrol by Trichoderma spp. as a Green Technology for the Agri-Food Industry
10. Phenomena of Charge Quantization, Interference, and Annihilation in Chemical Reactions of Mesoparticles
11. Magneto-Electric Properties of Sodium Potassium Lithium Niobate-Ni/Co Ferrite Nanocomposites
12. Behaviors and Green Properties of Interlocking Compressed Earth Bricks
13. An Overview of Zn(II) Complexes and Device Properties for Organic Light-Emitting Diodes (OLEDs) Applications
14. Perspectives on Polymer Materials in Products Manufacturing for Green Electronics
Abu Zahrim Yaser, PhD, is a senior lecturer in the Chemical Engineering Programme at Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS).
Poonam Khullar, PhD, is Assistant Professor and has total teaching experience of more than twelve years and research experience of more than fourteen years. She is a recipient of many awards and honors, including awards for best teacher and best paper conferred by many prestigious societies of India, such as the Indian Society for Surface Science and Technology, Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
A. K. Haghi, PhD, is the author and editor of 165 books, as well as 1000 published papers in various journals and conference proceedings. Dr. Haghi has received several grants, consulted for a number of major corporations, and is a frequent speaker to national and international audiences. Since 1983, he served as professor at several universities.