Gestational Trophoblastic Disease: Benign to Malignant
Gestational Trophoblastic Disease: Benign to Malignant 1st ed. 2021 Edition:
This book covers the entire spectrum of gestational trophoblastic disease from the most benign to the most malignant form. It addresses etiopathogenesis, molecular basis of the disease, risk assessment, management and follow-up. Management in the form of surgical, medical and supportive care is discussed in detail to help the practitioner in making treatment decisions. Special and rare varieties of the disease are be dealt separately. A separate section in each chapter covers critical conditions arising from the disease. Case based discussions make the chapters more lively and interesting. The recent trials and studies are also covered in the book. Topics such as fertility preservation, gestational trophoblastic diseases registry and development of voluntary organizations for supporting patients are value additions to this book. This book is meant for the general obstetrician and gynecologist and for the gynaecologic oncologist as well.
Table of Contents
- Gestational Trophoblastic Disease: An Overview
- Epidemiology of Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
- Genetics and Pathogenesis : A recent update
- Human chorionic Gonadotropin
- Molecular markers in Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
- Imaging in Gestational Trophoblastic Disease and Implication of uterine artery Doppler study
- Hydatidiform mole with coexisting with live foetus : management guidelines
- Management of low risk Gestational Trophoblastic Neoplasia
- High risk Gestational Trophoblastic Neoplasia
- Ultrahigh-risk Gestational Trophoblastic Neoplasia
- The dynamic scoring system and staging
- Surgical mnagement of Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
- Placental site and epithelioid trophoblastic tomours: rare varieties of Gestational Trophoblastic Neoplasia
- Critical conditions in Gestational Trophoblastic Diseases
- Recurrent Molar Pregnancy
- Fertility preservation in Gestational Trophoblastic Neoplasia (GTN)
- Follow up Gestational Trophoblastic Disease: how often and how long?
- Establishment of regional centers for Gestational Trophoblastic Disease follow up and Referral and Gestational Trophoblastic Disease registry.
Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nayak is faculty in post graduate department of gynaecologic oncology in Regional Cancer Center, Cuttack, India. She is fellow of Indian College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. She has many publications and has delivered many lectures at national and international conferences. She was the Vice President of Association of Gynaecologic Oncologists of India and Chairperson of Oncology Committee of FOGSI. She was the executive publisher of Indian Journal of Gynaecologic Oncology and presently is an Assistant Editor of the same. She has been awarded the YUVA FOGSI Oration and the Usha Saraiya lecture in gynaecologic oncology. She is the principal investigator of project on role of bacterial vaginosis in cervical cancer funded by Department of Science & Technology. She is a PhD Guide to students at Ravenshaw University.
Dr. Uma Singh is professor at department of gynecologic oncology at King George Medical College, Lucknow. She has several publications in national and international journals and has been the guide for many theses and PhD projects. She is a reviewer for International Journal of Applied and Basic Medical Research, Indian Journal of Gynaecologic Oncology and Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology of India. She is member of South Asia Expert Group for Prevention of Cancer Cervix. She also has a fellowship in Advanced Course in Medical Education.
There are no reviews yet.