Cardio-Obstetrics: A Practical Guide to Care for Pregnant Cardiac Patients
Cardio-Obstetrics: A Practical Guide to Care for Pregnant Cardiac Patients 1st Edition:
Cardiac disease is one of the leading causes of maternal morbidity and mortality. Catastrophic outcomes typically encountered are due to gaps in knowledge and communication between health care providers. There is a great need for a standardized approach for care of this very high-risk group of pregnant women.
The book encompasses detailed obstetrics and cardiology perspectives that are crucial in the management of the commonly encountered cardiac conditions in pregnancy. This text aims to provide guidance to the whole team caring for a pregnant cardiac patient consisting of obstetricians, maternal-fetal medicine, hospitalists, cardiologists, obstetric anaesthesiologists, emergency physicians, primary care providers and nurses.
- Cardio-Obstetric team organization
- Preconception counselling and family planning considerations
- Cardiovascular disease screening and risk stratification of a pregnant cardiac patient
- Management of a wide spectrum of cardiovascular diagnoses through use of checklists and algorithms in a simple format
- Essential key points for each cardiac diagnosis
∗ eText ISBN: 0429847157, 978-0429847158, 9780429847158
- See additional information on the Amazon.
Cardio-Obstetrics: A Practical Guide to Care for Pregnant Cardiac Patients:
1. Burden of Cardiovascular Disease
2. The Cardio-Obstetric Team
3. Cardiovascular Physiology of Pregnancy and Clinical Implications
4. Preconception Care: Optimization of Cardiac Risk
5. Termination and Contraceptive Options for the Cardiac Patient
6. Cardiovascular Symptoms: Is It Pregnancy or the Heart?
7. Cardiac Diagnostic Testing in Pregnancy
8. Anesthesia and Analgesia in the Pregnant Cardiac Patient
9. Anticoagulation in Pregnancy
10. Congenital Heart Disease in Pregnancy
11. Valve Disease in Pregnancy
12. Cardiomyopathies in Pregnancy
13. Vascular Disease and Dissection in Pregnancy
14. Acute Coronary Syndromes in Pregnancy
15. Pulmonary Hypertension in Pregnancy
16. Arrhythmias in Pregnancy
17. Thromboembolism and Amniotic Fluid Embolism
18. Endocarditis in Pregnancy
19. Cardiac Surgery in Pregnancy
20. Cardiovascular Medications in Pregnancy
21. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation in Pregnancy
There are no reviews yet.