Bates’ Guide To Physical Examination and History Taking 13th Edition (Converted PDF)
Bates’ Guide To Physical Examination and History Taking Thirteen Edition:
Confidently Perform Accurate, Efficient, and Effective Physical Examinations.
Master the techniques for successful physical examinations with the #1 choice for complete, authoritative guidance. This highly regarded text includes fully illustrated, step-by-step techniques that outline the correct performance of the physical examination and an easy-to-follow two-column format that correlates examination techniques on the left and abnormalities (clearly indicated in red) with differential diagnoses on the right.
- NEW Expanded Unit 1 provides an overview of the components of the patient encounter and helps you ensure the most effective information-gathering and decision-making approaches.
- NEW Key terms are bolded in chapters and correspond to an online glossary with definitions.
- UPDATED Expanded coverage of special populations familiarizes you with important approaches for persons who identify as LGBTQ, persons with physical disabilities, and diverse populations throughout the life cycle.
- UPDATED Restructured Regional Exam chapters enhance your understanding of overview material, examination techniques, and health promotion and counseling considerations.
- UPDATED Photographs, illustrations, and references reinforce key content based on the latest evidence-based information.
- UPDATED Text boxes are numbered to provide quick access to important summaries of clinical conditions and tips for challenging examination techniques.
- Clinical pearls, printed in blue, highlight key points at a glance.
- Detailed, highly illustrated tables of abnormal conditions display examination and clinical information in an easy-to-find, quick-reference format at the end of each chapter.
- eBook available. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and much more.
∗ eText ISBN: 1975109945, 978-1975109943, 9781975109943
- See additional information on the Amazon.
Bates’ Guide To Physical Examination and History Taking 13th Edition:
UNIT 1 Foundations of Health Assessment
CHAPTER 1 Approach to the Clinical Encounter
CHAPTER 2 Interviewing, Communication, and Interpersonal Skills
CHAPTER 3 Health History
CHAPTER 4 Physical Examination
CHAPTER 5 Clinical Reasoning, Assessment, and Plan
CHAPTER 6 Health Maintenance and Screening
CHAPTER 7 Evaluating Clinical Evidence
UNIT 2 Regional Examinations
CHAPTER 8 General Survey, Vital Signs, and Pain
CHAPTER 9 Cognition, Behavior, and Mental Status
CHAPTER 10 Skin, Hair, and Nails
CHAPTER 11 Head and Neck
CHAPTER 12 Eyes
CHAPTER 13 Ears and Nose
CHAPTER 14 Throat and Oral Cavity
CHAPTER 15 Thorax and Lungs
CHAPTER 16 Cardiovascular System
CHAPTER 17 Peripheral Vascular System
CHAPTER 18 Breasts and Axillae
CHAPTER 19 Abdomen
CHAPTER 20 Male Genitalia
CHAPTER 21 Female Genitalia
CHAPTER 22 Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
CHAPTER 23 Musculoskeletal System
CHAPTER 24 Nervous System
UNIT 3 Special Populations
CHAPTER 25 Children: Infancy through Adolescence
CHAPTER 26 Pregnant Woman
CHAPTER 27 Older Adult