AACN Essentials of Progressive Care Nursing 4th Edition
AACN Essentials of Progressive Care Nursing Fourth Edition:
Succinct, complete guidance on how to safely and competently care for adult progressive care patients and their families – written by top clinical experts
Endorsed by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN), this acclaimed textbook sets the standard for progressive care nursing education. Recognizing the learner’s need to assimilate foundational knowledge before attempting to master more complex progressive care nursing concepts, the book features a practical building-block organization that starts with the basics and logically moves on to advanced topics.
Bolstered by helpful tables and Essential Content cases, AACN Essentials of Progressive Care Nursing, Fourth Edition is an essential tool for clinicians at the point of care, and those preparing for PCCN® certification in progressive care nursing.
AACN Essentials of Progressive Care Nursing is divided into four sections:
• The Essentials presents essential information that clinicians must understand to provide safe, competent nursing care to progressive care patients, regardless of their underlying medical diagnoses.
• Pathologic Conditions covers pathologic conditions and management strategies commonly encountered among adult, progressive care patients.
• Advanced Concepts in Caring for the Progressive Care Patient presents advanced progressive care concepts or pathologic conditions that are less common or require more specialized management.
• Key Reference Information features normal laboratory and diagnostic values; pharmacology tables; and summary tables of cardiac rhythms, ECG characteristics, and treatment guides.
Learning aids include Knowledge Competencies to gauge progress, Principles of Management to summarize key concepts, and “Essential Content” case studies with questions and answers to further reinforce the learners’ knowledge.
∗ eText ISBN: 1260116743, 978-1260116748, 9781260116748
- See additional information on the Amazon.
AACN Essentials of Progressive Care Nursing 4th Edition:
Section I. The Essentials 1. Assessment of Progressive Care Patients and Their Families
2. Planning Care for Progressive Care Patients and Their Families
3. Interpretation and Management of Basic Cardiac Rhythms
4. Hemodynamic Monitoring
5. Airway and Ventilatory Management
6. Pain and Sedation Management
8. Ethical and Legal Considerations
Section II. Pathologic Conditions
9. Cardiovascular System
10. Respiratory System
11. Multisystem Problems
12. Neurologic System
13. Hematologic and Immune Systems
14. Gastrointestinal System
15. Renal System
16. Endocrine System
Section III. Advanced Concepts in Caring for the Critically Ill Patient
18. Advanced ECG Concepts
19. Advanced Cardiovascular Concepts
20. Advanced Neurologic Concepts
Section IV. Key Reference Information
21. Normal Values Table
22. Pharmacology Tables
23. Advanced Cardiac Life Support Algorithms
24. Cardiac Rhythms, ECG Characteristics, and Treatment Guide