Techniques in Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery 2nd Edition
Techniques in Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery: A Personal Tutorial 2nd Edition:
The long-anticipated 2nd Edition of Techniques in Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery: A Personal Tutorial presents a unique tutorial-style approach to the information beginners and experts alike need to establish or enhance their oculofacial surgery practice. Superbly illustrated, this book contains over 600 illustrations and clinical photos and follows a step-by-step approach to explaining both the diagnostic and procedural aspects of practice, foundational concepts, and state-of-the art advancements. Whether your background is Ophthalmology, ENT, Plastic Surgery or Dermatology, Dr. Nerad’s “over the shoulder” approach to teaching and clinical pearls learned over years of practice make this a “must read” surgical reference.
- Offers a unique, conversational approach to complex topics. Dr. Nerad’s writing style mimics a “one-on-one” tutorial, helping you learn even the most intimidating oculoplastic surgical techniques.
- Reflects current practice with significant updates throughout, including updated coverage of both cosmetic and functional procedures to improve “how you see and how you look”.
- Features the latest aesthetic eyelid and facelift procedures and new filler and botulinum toxin techniques in addition to functional procedures that are aimed at restoring vision.
- Outlines important anatomy and diagnostic considerations alongside step-by-step procedural guidance.
- Provides clear visual guidance with an outstanding combination of over 600 high-quality artworks and surgical photos.
- Includes access to over 90 video clips that depict select procedures, showing you Dr. Nerad’s techniques and tips in real time.
- Features checkpoint boxes and major point reviews in each chapter as a quick reminder of critical points in addition to comprehensive suggested reading lists for further study.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Table of Contents
1 The Art of Surgical Technique
2 Clinical Anatomy
3 Diagnosis and Treatment of Ectropion
4 Diagnosis and Treatment of Entropion
5 Diagnosis and Management of Misdirected Eyelashes
6 Involutional Periorbital Changes: Upper Eyelid Dermatochalasis and Eyebrow Ptosis
7 Aesthetic Surgery of the Periocular Region and Face
8 Evaluation and Treatment of the Patient with Ptosis
9 Abnormal Movements of the Face
10 Diagnosis and Management of the Patient with Tearing
11 Diagnosis of Malignant and Benign Lid Lesions Made Easy
12 Eyelid Reconstruction
13 Eyelid and Orbital Trauma
14 Diagnostic Approach to the Patient with Proptosis
15 Surgical Approaches to the Orbit
16 Enucleation, Evisceration, and Exenteration: The Care of the Eye Socket