Clinical Immunology and Serology: A Laboratory Perspective 5th Edition
Clinical Immunology and Serology: A Laboratory Perspective Fifth Edition:
The perfect balance of theory and practice!
Here’s the practical introduction you need to understand the essential theoretical principles of clinical immunology and the serological and molecular techniques commonly used in the laboratory. You’ll begin with an introduction to the immune system; then explore basic immunologic procedures; examine immune disorders; and study the serological and molecular diagnosis of infectious disease.
An easy-to-read, student-friendly approach emphasizes the direct application of theory to clinical laboratory practice. Each chapter is a complete learning module with learning outcomes, chapter outlines, theoretical principles, illustrations, and definitions of relevant terminology. Review questions and case studies help you assess your mastery of the material. A glossary at the end of the book puts must-know information at your fingertips.
An access code inside new printed texts unlocks Lab Exercises and Branching Case Studies online at FADavis.com that offer more opportunities to apply theory to clinical laboratory practice.
∗ eText ISBN: 1719645965, 978-1719645966, 9781719645966
- See additional information on the Amazon.
I. Nature of the Immune System
1. Introduction to Immunity and the Immune System
2. Nature of Antigens and the Major Histocompatibility Complex
3. Innate Immunity
4. Adaptive Immunity
5. Antibody Structure and Function
6. . Cytokines
7. Complement System
II. Basic Immunological Procedures
8. Safety and Quality Assessment
9. Principles of Serological Testing
10. Precipitation and Agglutination Reactions
12. Molecular Diagnostic Techniques
13. Flow Cytometry and Laboratory Automation
III. Immune Disorders
16. Transplantation Immunology
17. Tumor Immunology
18. Immunoproliferative Diseases
19. Immunodeficiency Diseases
IV. Serological and Molecular Diagnosis of Infectious Disease
20. Serological and Molecular Detection of Bacterial Infections
21. Spirochete Diseases
22. Serological and Molecular Diagnosis of Parasitic and Fungal Infections
23. Serology and Molecular Detection of Viral Infections
24. Laboratory Diagnosis of HIV Infection
25. Immunization and Vaccines